Friday 24 September 2010

Rainforests, and how I did not save them.

I went leafletting (hmmm, can leaflet be a verb?) with Nicki. I've never been leafletting before, it was a brand new experience.

I established two things:

1) There is one very good type of letter box, which is easy to use, and never annoying. And very few houses have it.

2) Small dogs are much more angry than big dogs.

Do all little dogs have Napoleon Syndrome? (which, by the way, is poorly named, because Napoleon was actually around average height, perhaps slightly taller). Whether they do or not is fairly inconsequential; whether they were angry because I was bigger than them, doesn't really matter.

The bigger dogs don't mind so much. They'd usually just stare at you, and maybe bark, but the little ones come right up to the door yapping angrily.

We did a great job though. I feel our hard work is very likely to have penetrated the collective psychi of the Southwick and Portslade photographic art community, in it's hard, penetrative leaflet way.

It does, of course, cross your mind that: how many people will take one fleeting glance and throw it in the bin, therefore wasting our collective time and the rainforest.

Many, I would imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment