Friday 17 September 2010

No.17.

Before we get to the trouble of the video, I have some thoughts on the number 17. I have told this story before, but you'll get over it. It's a compelling story.

So let's start off. 17 is my favourite number. When I was little my dad bought me a West Ham shirt and we went to a shop and got my name printed on the back with a number so I could pretend that I was a real West Ham player (to be honest, my 9 year old self is probably a better player than most of the current West Ham squad). Anyway, many years later after decided that my favourite number was 17, I found my old West Ham shirt, and SHOCK the number on the back was 17. I remember choosing a number, but I don't remember why I chose 17.

By a genuine coincidence (or is it) I am posting this on the 17th of September. My favourite basketball player (well, not any more because he is a fat sack of crap) is Eddy Curry whose two career numbers have been 34 and 2. Divide 34 by 2 and you get...

It doens't end there. It has been well documented that my favorite colour is silver. The chemical symbol for silver is (Ag) as in Argent in French. But if you take the letters of the alphabet as numbers i.e. A=1, B=2, C=3, I'm afraid (Ag) worryingly becomes 17.

Terrifying, eh.

Anyway, so as this is the 17th music post, it has to be something special, and special music for me always means Brand New.

This song is called Jesus, and it's great. Like most of my favourite songs it has a crescendo which leads ultimately to the title of this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment