Sunday 5 September 2010

Pretentiousness, and my impression of it.

I went out last night, to celebrate my friend's birthday. Happy birthday Alyson.

I wore the rather fetching combo of a striped white and brown shirt, and a dark grey jumper. Except I didn't. I pretended.

See, being from the South that gives me license to be as pretencions as possible. I was so concerned about my appearance I chose to wear a "mock layered" jumper. A jumper with a pretend shirt coming out of the top giving me the appearance of being more stylish than I actually am.

You only get this kind of pretentiousness in the South, I mean it's definitely creeping further and further North, but in the South people are so obsessed with looking "different" and "original" but as I have said before on this blog, everyone's understanding of "original" is exactly the same.

I don't care though. It is a very fetching jumper.

No comments:

Post a Comment