Monday 22 November 2010

'Where' and 'were', and the embarrasing way I remember the difference.



This is a song called "Where do you go" by No Mercy.

I don't know anything about it.
And I don't want to know anything.
It's shit.

In finding this video, I listened to about the first 20 seconds of the song. And that is the first time I have heard it in years, maybe even a decade.

Despite this fact, it has played a very prominent role in my life.

That's because, to this day (and it doesn't happen often at all any more, but it did occasionally, probably up until I had finished college) if I couldn't remember whether 'where' was spelt 'where' or 'were'. I would silently repeat the opening words of the song, which are simply: "where do you go?" and from that I would know the difference.

I don't know why.
I just always remembered that "where do you go" was spelt like that, and so I can always remember whether it is 'where' or 'were'.

No comments:

Post a Comment