Monday 19 July 2010

Peugeot 30.

I can drive now. Not just in terms of owning a driving license, but in the sense that I could, 30 seconds from now, be sitting in my car about to pull away. I drive a 1.6 diesel Peugeot 306, with the silver 6 badge removed, making it aesthetically flawed.

I was kinda surprised how easily I slipped back into driving. I hadn't driven since August last year; almost a year. And I had never driven a) without dual-control and a driving instructor, and b) without someone else sitting in the car telling me where to go.

It was a little terrifying at first, especially because my first journey was to a garage that I have never driven to before, following my dad in his big Jag who seemed to take malicious pleasure in how fast he could pull away and leave me behind.

That's okay though. I don't profess to be a driver of any talent, but at least now I am prepared if I gain celebrity status and am invited to be the "Star-in-a-reasonably-priced-car".

I am aware the scenario is unlikely.

No comments:

Post a Comment