Tuesday 27 July 2010

The difficulty of post-modern self expression.

It's difficult, actually, to rationalise a lot of the things I think about blogging.
I am tempted, at times, to post everything I think.

I mean, we censor ourselves, don't we. Sometimes we think one thing, and for the better of humanity, and ourselves too, we don't say it aloud. A lot of the time that is because we are thinking is just a product of feeling really angry, or really happy, or really generous at that point in time.

There's been times when I've thought to myself, "wow, PersonX is amazing, and I should really tell her", and other times I'd think "PersonX is really really stupid and annoying".
PersonX, by the way, is not referring to anyone in particular, and those are just examples, I can't remember if I've ever thought that kinda thing exactly, but definitely similiar things about a whole number of people.

The point is, my opinions of people depend incredably on the context.
I know some amazing people. I know some who are not so amazing. But different things make them amazing or not amazing at different times.

Grrrr.
See.
This is the problem.
I try to explain it. But I can't find the words. I know what I mean, but it doens't come out right when I try to write it down.

No comments:

Post a Comment