Tuesday 18 May 2010

Since we're on the subject...

Beauty.

The concept of a model is an interesting one for me.

We are to assume that models are beautiful, they must be, they are what we are supposed to be "modelling" ourselves on. This is what we would look like if we could.



To me, however, models aren't that attractive. I don't know if you agree with me, but female models tend to be too skinny, too tall (to the point where "lanky" is the correct adjective), and too gaunt at the face.

Maybe facially they could come close to what we would describe as beautiful, but, they have so little in terms of fat, I don't think it looks attracive.

Certainly that is not what I am attracted to, and taking it even further, I would not even describe that kind of look as attractive.



Real girls are much more attractive; perfection, in my opinion, is something that dictates there must be flaws. To me anyway. Girls seem to worry all the time about their hair being wrong, or needing more makeup, or anything along those lines.



I stumbled across (as you do) an article in an online magazine that "uncovered" celebrities not wearing make up. And I look through some of the pictures, and to me a lot of the time you could definitely see their natural good looks coming through much nicer when they werent wearing a tonne of makeup.



Maybe its just me, but I don't know, I don't think that in the real world I have ever heard a girl being critisized by guys for not wearing enough make up, I've definitely heard it about girls wearing too much though.

1 comment:

  1. Spot on son.

    Female models look like someone collected all the extras from a Tim Burton flick and gave them to Lady Gaga's wardrobe designer.

    3 cheers for the natural girl!

    ReplyDelete