Sunday 3 October 2010

Trust, and how this blog has nothing to do with it.

I don't usually have trouble finishing blogs. I don't put a lot of thought into them. Well, I do, but not in the sense that I worry about how they will be perceived, I just write what I think. This blog serves a dual purpose: to document things that I find interesting and to be a sounding board for things that bother me, both in general and directly personal.

The problem though, is these things are easily confused.
I've tried to write this two or three times now, the general theme is trusting people, and when I write it, I'm trying to make a general point, I'm not trying to use it as a thinly veiled excuse to have a go at people.

It is an issue becuase of the way some people use the internet/blogs as a disgustingly cowardly way of having a go at people without saying it to their faces. You see it in Facebook statuses sometimes, and in blogs. It's childish, and not something I would like to be accused of.

If I want to have a go at someone I'll do it exactly the way it should be done: behind their back in a conversation with a friend, while maintaining a perfectly amicable relationship on the surface. Cos the point is, most things are superficial, just little annoying things not worth actually arguing over. You just want to make it known that it annoys you, and then you can go back to whatever relationship you had with the person, and no harm is done. I like arguing, but I like don't like seriously arguing.

So yeah, I just worry that it's easy to take things personally, especially when the point is vague.
When I re-read what I had written it could certainly have been misconstrued. It's said that as soon as you start believing something you are immediately blinded to all the sensible arguments against it. I think that's true. I've had that experience, at least.

And see how this blog has not become about trust at all, I'll try to write something about trust one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment