Tuesday 10 August 2010

Daytime TV.

I was planning to blog very consistantly throughout August. I was thinking at least one per day, but unfortunately my plans have been scuppered. See, just as I had been bragging about how amazing my immune system has become, fate dealt a double blow in the form of a nasty insect and a phantom back pain.

The detail, in this case, is mind numbing, so lets just establish that: A) my ankle was swollen to the point where it was difficult to move as a result of an infected insect bite, and B) I have an aching back for no good reason.

These faults in my constitution have made the last few days uncomfortable, and as such I haven't really felt very much like writing, or indeed, doing anything very much at all.

Apart from lying down.

Lying down is good.

The problem with lying down, of course, is that it leads swiftly, and inexorably to boredom.
I have found two activities to subdue to the boredom.
One is reading The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, which is very good, and you should read it too.

The second is watching daytime TV constantly.

Now, I have lied a little here. I have suggested, quite incorrectly, that daytime TV is a cure for boredom, rather than a dreadful component to it.

The "standard" channels only have 4 types of shows that are shown before 5.
These can be broken down into the following categories:
1 - Bored retired people sell all the shit that clogs up their attics, to fund some pointless drivel
2 - Middle class people sell their house and buy another
3 - Talented amatuer cooks make dinner for food critics, who tell them they are shit
4 - Countdown

1 comment:

  1. LOL! Although the new girl on Countdown is really really fit...that alone should curb your boredom =D x

    ReplyDelete