Thursday 17 November 2011

Energy drinks.

I drink energy drinks, sometimes.
Red Bull, or the cheap Tesco equivalent usually.

I don't know why I do it.
I know it's tricking me.

On the packaging of my 'KX Energy Stimulation Drink' the largest letters read: "Fire up and focus your body and mind with stimulating caffeine, taurine, guarana and B Vitamins."

Aside from being an utterly ridiculous and clunky piece of advertising copy-writing, it is also, quite frankly rubbish.

Limited to the truth, the can would read:
"Fire up and focus your body and mind with the fuck load of sugar we pump into these things"

That's what gives you the energy boost. The sugar. Not the fucking guarana. The sugar!

One little 250ml can which I effectively down in about 2 or 3 minutes contains nearly 30% of my recommended daily intake of sugar.

I had two of them yesterday. 60% of my daily sugar in two cans of drink.
I don't even know why.

Why not use up that sugar on something that doesn't taste like someone has swallowed a whole packet of Skittles, let it reduce in their stomach acid for half an hour or so, then vomited it back into your mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment