Saturday 1 January 2011

2010.

So it's New Years Day. Welcome to 2011.

Nothing better, of course, than looking back at the past, to learn from our mistakes and what not. So, how was 2010 for me.

I think, all things considered,  2010 was a pretty good year for me.

Certainly there were moments, days perhaps, that made me as happy as I have ever been in my life. (By the way, there is a pretty brilliant short story on the subject of happiness by Michel Faber called "Vanilla Bright Like Eminem"). Equally, there have been some not so happy times, but in general, I think I'm past the volatile stage of self-hatred, I'll tell you about it sometime when I'm a bit braver.

I graduated with an upper second class honours degree.
I got a job, a proper job, that I enjoy doing.
I got a car.
My personal life has been confusing, to say the least. But not unrewarding.

The very end of the year has been a bit of a dampener on things, but we live on.

I have high hopes for 2011, although I feel somewhat pessimistic also.

Well... that was boring eh.

No comments:

Post a Comment