Saturday 18 December 2010

Decembreativity

So we've had Movember which was a charity event featuring sponsored moustache growing to raise awareness for prostate cancer. (Take note, Facebook, and your weekend of having a different profile picture.)

And now, the Guardian tells me that Decembrow is upon us, in which women stop plucking their eyebrows and sport a unibrow to raise aware for... well, feminism, I guess.

Both are good ideas.

But not being a woman I am unable to raise awareness for feminism. So, feeling left out, I have decided to begin Decembreativity in which I raise awareness for creativity by creatively coming up with some more possible month-name-change-to-raise-worthy-cause-awareness ideas.

Let's see:

So, instead of January we'll have Brandnewary - a month in which everyone must listen only to Brand New songs: to raise awareness that Brand New are the best band  in the world

Instead of February, Debruary - in which everyone named Deborah must spell their name Debra: to raise awareness that my mum's name is spelt Debra and not Deborah.

OK, admitedly, these first two have been a little centred around me. Let's try to see the bigger picture.

Instead of March, Starch to raise awareness for starch. Because, you know, we'll all like a bit of starch?

Instead of April, Gaypril, a month of enforced homosexuality, to raise awareness for John Barrowman.

Instead of May, Gay, ... another month of enforced homosexuality... to raise awareness for... err...

OK.
These are all awful.

I declare Decembreativity a failure.

Talk amongst yourselves whilst I think of something else...

No comments:

Post a Comment