Saturday 12 June 2010

People in general.

I've realised I should stop looking for the good in people. You get to the point where you begin to see the good in everything if you look hard enough; how many times do you hear the parents of murderers or drugdealers in prison saying things like "oh he's a good boy really, he just makes silly mistakes" or "he fell in with the wrong crowd".

I've been cutting people too much slack. Pretending they're good people. It shouldn't need clarification, it should come easy. Quite often people will say to me "person X is a bit of a prick" or something along those lines, and I'll defend them, I'll say their "heart's in the right place" or some other ridiculous cliche that can be applied to pretty much anyone if you try hard enough.

Some people are just actual knobs, covered up by a little facade of a good person that they can occasionally pretend to be. I know loads of people like this, I don't say it to their faces, but I definitely know it.

That's not to say that I don't have a high opinion of most of the people in my life, most of my friends deserve a lot better than they get. I'm gonna focus on that, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment