Saturday 26 June 2010

Heated heat.

It's the summer!

Unfortunately in England we are blessed with weather that can only ever be far too hot or far too cold. We have a limit of 3 days per year when we can say "it's perfect weather". I think I like it though, because it's England and that's just how it is, I wouldn't want it different.

If the World Cup has taught me anything it is that I hate cliches. I get so annoyed with being able to "cut the tension with a knife", or teams giving "110% percent", or after a "decent spell of play" the commentator just pauses for effect and says "Better." full stop included.

I love the World Cup though, and despite what those women (I'm not saying all women) who invariably watch EastEnders *every single day* say, there is NOT "too much football". It's not the same match over and over.

No comments:

Post a Comment