Friday 26 February 2010

Of blogs and existence.

Before I post, I should clear something up. So far this blog has been a bit all over the place, I've talked about Wolverhampton, and people not reading enough, and things that annoy me about the university I attend... and reviewed an album. This was all without really any cohesive point, or structure.
And that's kind of the point.

I'm not really writing this blog for anyone specifically to read, in all likelyhood I expect I would be lucky if more than 2 or 3 people ever nonchalantly click onto this page, establish that I'm not revealing any expilcit sexual fantasies or heart-wrenching stories about how terrible my life is, and move on, in search of some other human freakshow.
I am writing this blog exclusively for my own benefit in the future.

Something that the God-Incarnate, and my secret man-crush Jesse Lacey [see: http://whytheyrehot.com/post/405375820/why-hes-hot-hes-jesse-lacey-hes-the-lead (thanks Elly) ] once said in a rare interview stuck with me for a long time. Sadly, I cant find the quote online and my magazine is back home, but he said something along the lines of:
"When I got to 23 years old, I realised that everything I thought I knew about the world when I was 18 was wrong. Then when I was 27, I realised everything I thought I knew about the world when I was 23 was wrong. And the same happened when I was 30. I dont think it will ever stop"

I can certainly relate to this. I had an almost pompous view of the world when I was 17/18 and when I think back to the way I used to think, I begin to wonder if I was really thinking at all. I am sure this is a common experience as we look back at the way we used to think and dont really understand our thought process.

But this is why I want to write a blog now. It's not because I want to share with the world my idiosyncratic opinions and understands of the world. It's because I want to look back in a few years time and get an insight into how I was thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment