Tuesday 23 February 2010

A tale of two cities.

Hello! This is the first post in my new blog.

For a long time I have wondered whether having a whole blog to my self is really such a good idea. I get a bit prone to ranting, and through ranting I usually come across as a bit pretentious and self interested. But then I suppose any activity exclusively spent talking directly about yourself, and what you think is going to be a bit like that. Therefore I have decided it is everyone's Blog-given right to be pretentious in this situation, otherwise it would all get a bit boring.

And we wouldn't want that. Would we, children?
See, I can do condescending as well.

So anyway, currently I live in Wolverhampton. A beautiful, scenic modern city, that was recently rewarded for its aesthetic and social wonder in this article, by being named the 5th Worst City in the World! http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/west_midlands/8435823.stm

Wolverhampton isn't all that bad really, and a big advantage is things are cheap up here. And given that the list in question failed to name Baghdad, Kabul and even Hull, it's pretty clear that someone at Lonely Planet just had it in for Wolves.
Sure, Wolverhampton has the highest number of unoccupied shops in the country; nearly a quarter of the sites are currently vacant. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/8510721.stm And it's also true that one Wolverhampton takeaway's owner was selling up kebabs whilst his dead colleague lay a metres away on a sofa. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/west_midlands/7669625.stm
Nevertheless, I maintain that Wolverhampton isn't altogether too bad.

Where I actually live the majority of my life is Brighton. Or 15 minutes down the road from Brighton. Brighton is much nicer, mainly I think due to my friends, but also just because it's better place to me. Certainly I've never been served up a kebab named Michael in Brighton.
I'm sure a lot of people say it about there home towns, but I've never been anywhere as good as Brighton, best city in the world as far as I'm concerned. Although admittely I havent been to anywhere near all of the cities in the world.

So there we are. Those are my two homes.

No comments:

Post a Comment