Wednesday 11 January 2012

A sad event.

Imagine the scene.

You walk in from the cold night air. You've been playing high-tempo basketball for the last hour. Your muscles ache. Your hands are hurting from a rather suspicious, identical double thumb injury.

You ascend the stairs and begin to run a bath. Closing the door you allow the steam from the water to envelope the room, making for a relaxing semi-sauna. You step into the bath - it's just the pleasant side of too hot.

You lie back and your skin tingles as the water rushes over you. And suddenly there is no pain, and no aching. You close your eyes and enjoy the moment, completely calm and placid.

Then through the calmness you begin to feel something on your arm. Some water, you presume, from the bath. You open your eyes to investigate.
And on your arm, there is a rather huge and angry-looking spider. We are talking this big. 

Now, I do not consider myself to have arachnophobia, but nevertheless, I'm not particularly good at dealing with surprise attacks, especially from spiders.

In what can only be described as a morbid panic, I swung my arm back violently. I smacked my arm into the wall behind, causing me tremendous pain. My crippling thumb injuries and aching muscles returned.

The spider had vanished. I eventually found him scuttling around behind the shower and, with some considerable skill, managing to lift him up and put him out the window.

Here is an artist's impression of the event.

So that was a sad end to my evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment