Friday 2 April 2010

Wish list.

It's my birthday soon.
Well. It's not. There's another couple of months or so yet, but for arguments sake let's say it is.
It has become increasingly difficult in recent years to think of "things I want", but this year I have it sorted. Do you know what I want?
Clarity.

Not a guitar. Not a Mac. Not a car. Not a copy of 'Devil and God' signed by each member of Brand New (although I wouldn't be disspleased).
Nope, I'd very happily settle for some clarity.

Now let me define what I mean by clarity. It's that kind of clarity, that allows you, exclusively when drunk, to be listening to a pretty average song, and to be able to focus exactly on why it is amazing. During that experience you can blot out the real problems of the song, by the simple method of not thinking.
Well, maybe not so much not thinking, but more being able to block out or ignore thoughts. That is something I would like very much.

You see, there is something I should do. Something I should probably have done a while ago. Regardless, I should definitely do it now.
Just to find out.
To be sure.

But it's difficult. It's difficult because I dont have clarity. I think too much about what can/might/will happen and it scares me. Logical thought doesnt come into it, and so I put it off, and put it off, until inevitably, my time will run out.
Now, if I just had a little clarity, and with it, the little voice in the back of my head reminding me that the worst that can happen isnt that bad, and would make me brave.

Maybe I'll do it. Maybe soon; it will need to be.
Dont wish me luck. Wish me clarity.

No comments:

Post a Comment