Monday 14 March 2011

A-Z of Things That Annoy Me: E

A-Z of Things That Annoy Me


E


Entitlement

I should point out now that what I am about to say seems to demonise a certain group of people. It's not my intention to do so, but I am having to make crass generalisations in order to make a point.

When I say I am annoyed by "entitlement", I'm not talking about in terms of people actually being owed something. I am referring to when people believe they are entitled to something. I am not having a go at the upper classes for being born into their privilaged lifestyles (although I am certainly no monarchy fan, I see the benefits in keeping them around), I am actually having a go at many of the "normal" people I see in England today.

Let's take for example the BNP and UKIP (neither of which I would count as "normal", although I see an increasing trend of "I'm not racist, but I blame the bloody foreigners").
Without any research (as is the usual stipulation of this blog) I'm sure I remember Nick Griffin, or some other BNP diet-Nazi referring to immigrants coming over here and taking jobs away from "good, hard-working British people".

Now, I work at a place with a fairly high turnover of manual labour-type staff. Part of the reason for the high turnover is the rate of pay, which admitedly should be better. But another reason is that some of the time, it is quite hard work.

My job with the nice, old books is fun. But it's not very much fun, I can tell you, lifting boxes of books around all day. So we get a lot of people complaining about the hard work, and then eventually leaving.

But (and this is purely from my experience) you never see the immigrants complaining. They are happy to have the work. My experience tells me that (some, and certainly not all) of the British employees seem to feel that they are entitled to not have to work very hard in order to earn money.

But it's no fucking wonder, then, that the immigrants are taking their jobs. If I was an employer and had the oppurtunity to employ:

A) an obnoxious, mouthy twat who rather complain about work than do it


B) a hard-working person who just gets on with the job and doesn't complain.

I'll give you a hint.
It's not A.
And it is B.
B.

British scumbags,
You are not entitled to anything. You just have to work hard and get on with it.
I'm sure British employers would much rather employ people who are British, if just because British people tend to have a better understanding of English (debatable in some cases) and that can only be beneficial.
British people seem to think it is their right to be as lazy as they possbily can whilst keeping their job.

No comments:

Post a Comment