Friday 11 March 2011

Old advert.

My favourite thing of the day so far at work has been this advert from a copy of Lorna Doone by R.D Blackmore from 1891 (which I have valued at: nothing).

The advert reads as follows (the grammar and syntax are correct, and probably the best part):

BEETHAM'S FRAGRANT HAIR GROWER

Is a delightfully Refreshing and Strengthening application for the Hair, quite free from grease or dye, and, being rather more stimulating than the "Capillary Fluid," is recommended where the Hair is Falling Off very much. For Baldness, or where the Hair has Fallen in Patches, it has been found marvelously effectual in producing a fresh growth of Long Glossy Hair. It also entirely Removes all Dandruff, and keeps the Skin of the Head Clean and Healthy. Bottles 2s, 6d., 4s, 6d.


I much prefer this advert to the Regaine, hair regrowth product you see on the TV.
If I start losing my hair, I am going to use BEETHAM'S FRAGRANT HAIR GROWER.
It also has a better name.

No comments:

Post a Comment